Monday, June 27, 2011

Catching Up

Wow - time has flown since my last post. Things have been going so easy that I didn't really have anything to say.

I am now on set #12 of 14 of my refinements. The set actually says "12+" - ortho says that means it is "extra" refinement. A quick web search said it means certain teeth will be over-corrected so that when treatment ends (and my teeth have some movement) they will move back into the correct position.

Whatever it means, this set is the most painful I have had for quite a long time. I put them in last night before bed. Today I had the old "my teeth are being torn out by the roots" feeling whenever I removed my aligners. I am using Sensodyne toothpaste at every opportunity, and hopefully the pain will turn into a dull ache quickly.

Will have to make some important decisions soon. First, whether to replace the veneers on my upper incisors now, or wait a while. They are in decent shape, but I'm sure new veneers would look much better. Not sure I want that expense wight now.

Second decision will be fixed versus removable retainers. Ortho seems to favor fixed retainers. I'm not sure - I certainly have enjoyed the freedom to remove my aligners throughout treatment - might be nice for that to continue. Will have to think about it for a good while before making any decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment